ICE Kraków Congress Centre, Kraków (Poland) from 3/27/2017 to 3/28/2017
In the PLANHEAT project 13 partners from all over Europe, coordinated by D'Appolonia, aim at developing and validating an integrated and easy-to-use tool to support local authorities in selecting, simulating and comparing future sustainable scenarios for heating and cooling.
The PLANHEAT simulation tool will be designed to support local authorities in:
- mapping the potential of locally available low-carbon energy sources
- mapping the forecasted demand for heating and cooling
- defining and simulating alternative environmentally friendly scenarios
- understanding the interactions of these new scenarios with the existing infrastructures and networks
- identifying potential for further extension and upgrade of district heating and cooling networks
- evaluating the benefits in terms of energetic, economic and environmental gains.
The tool will be validated through its application in three real use cases, taking place in the cities of Lecce (Italy), Velika Gorica (Croatia) and Antwerp (Belgium). Training courses for public authorities will be organized with the final objective of involving more than 50 cities from all over Europe.
kicked off on October 17th in Brussels and will be officially presented during the
3rd European Congress of Local Governments
, taking place in Krakow (Poland) on March 27-28, 2017. The PLANHEAT team will welcome you at a dedicated exhibition stand as well as at the panel discussion ‘Sustainable plans for low carbon heating and cooling in Europe’ and two interactive workshops.